RESTORATIVE JUSTICE FACILITATOR
Application Deadline: We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We will begin reviewing applications Nov 23rd 2020.
2. Cover Letter (and/or Video) that addresses:
– Previous experience with RJ
– Why you believe in RJ
– How you see the connection between equity and RJ and your experience applying that analysis
– Why you are interested in this job
– Email documents to email@example.com and write “RJ Facilitator” in the subject line
Status: .75-1.0 FTE Compensation: $60,000 for 1.0FTE; health insurance Start Date: As soon as filled
Provide restorative services to Portland Public Schools and partner with the RNW staff on other projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide restorative support for identified schools and staff as needed
2. Provide facilitation and support services for escalated cases as needed
3. Work collaboratively with RJ School Specialists, administrators and other PPS staff
4. Provide support at RJ trainings
5. Support other RNW staff related responsibilities such as: – Grant writing support as needed – Update existing RJ training materials
– Create new professional development materials/agendas
– Serve as a spokesperson for all RNW services and programs
6. Participate in RNW initiatives to align our values and mission in practice organizationally and in our services. (See values/mission below)
7. Attend RNW staff and RJ Team Meetings
8. Initiate, promote and maintain positive relationships with students,
parents, guardians, staff, admin, community partners, RNW staff and volunteers
9. Track and enter activities and case data into caseload manager
10. Other duties as needed
1. Ability to execute required responsibilities including, but not limited to, regular public presentation, providing typed communication, and extended speaking and listening in person and on the phone. Presently all services are offered on-line.
2. Ability to travel to meetings in the Portland metropolitan area and beyond.
3. Ability to transport supplies (e.g., chart-packs and easels) preferred.
Whenever necessary, RNW will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations, in accordance with the ADA.
WORK ENVIRONMENT This position will work in a shared office setting at a desk with a computer and a phone and requires a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends. This position also requires traveling to training sites, and different schools as needed. Currently the work takes place remotely.
The following qualifications and skills will be needed on the job. If you have acquired them through lived experience or professional work, please show how you have demonstrated them. If not, please let us know what support you would need to acquire them.
Experience, Education and/or Training
1. Knowledge of and experience with restorative justice in school, criminal justice or other settings.
2. Knowledge of and experience with facilitating restorative practices.
3. Experience developing and delivering trainings.
4. Public speaking experience.
Skills & Areas of Knowledge
1. Demonstrated ability to recognize and address underlying issues of racial and social justice and equity.
2. Long-term lived experience, and on-going relationships, with diverse and under-represented communities.
3. Intercultural competency and responsiveness; strong cross-cultural communication and applied equity awareness.
4. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a wide range of individuals & entities.
5. Strong conflict resolution skills. Mediation skills preferred.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively apply case management principles, practices, methods and techniques.
7. Demonstrated ability to prioritize among multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
8. Strong organizational and time management skills.
9. Demonstrated experience facilitating productive conversations about conflict resolution and racial / social justice.
10. Willingness and ability to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities effectively.
11. Competency working with MS Office software (Word, Excel), database systems and familiarity with web-based data management systems (such as Caseload Manager and CiviCRM) and HTML formatting.
12. Ability to manage flexible work schedule, including some evenings.
1. Ideal candidate would have second language fluency.
Resolutions Northwest embraces excellence through diversity, advocates the principles and spirit of affirmative action, and is strongly committed to the promotion of: race, gender, ability and class equity, throughout our programs and services. To this end, RNW is an equal opportunity employer. People encouraged to apply include Black, Indigenous, Latinx; people of color; people who are gender non-binary; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ candidates.
Mission and Values
Resolutions Northwest is committed to the journey of shifting practices and structures to align with our values and mission. This is often a process of undoing, creating and committing to action for outcome shifts in pursuit of our mission of furthering racial and social justice. We are currently reorganizing to a flatter hierarchy, have pay equity across programs, seek increased collaboration across programs and engage our values while disengaging from white supremacy culture. We welcome candidates who have passion, willingness and commitment to walk in integrity with us on this path. We offer transparency that if typical hierarchal organizational structures are what you seek this may not be a good fit.