- Dr. Kimberlé Crenshaw’s TED Talk, The Urgency of Intersectionality, October 2016. You can jump to her overview of intersectionality Or watch the full TED Talk, which places intersectionality in the context of Black women killed by police.
- White Supremacy Culture (Tema Okun and many other contributors)
- Microaggressions and “Evidence”: Empirical or Experiential Reality? (Derald Wing Sue)
- Racial Microagressions table (from Derald Wing Sue et al.)
- Nested Model (adapted from Maire Dugan)
- The Protractor of Racial Justice (adapted from Katrina Shields’ Social Barometer)
- Mapping the Margins: Intersectionality, Identity Politics, and Violence Against Women of Color (Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw)
- Demarginalizing the Intersection of Race and Sex: A Black Feminist Critique of Antidiscrimination Doctrine, Feminist Theory and Antiracist Politics (Crenshaw)
- Tone Policing
- Timeline of Oregon history (Elaine Rector)
- Why aren’t there more Black people in Oregon? (video by Walidah Imarisha)
- Why racism isn’t just a Southern problem (Franchesca Ramsey)
- Tea with Queen and J.
- Intersectionality Matters!
- Seeing White, an audio documentary series by Scene on Radio
Restorative Justice Resources:
Race and Discipline Disparities
- You Can’t Fix What You Don’t Look At: Acknowledging Race in Addressing Racial Discipline Disparities (Prudence Carter et al.)
- Are Black Kids Worse? Myths and Facts about Racial Differences in Behavior (Equity Project at Indiana University)
- How School Suspensions Push Black Students Behind (Atlantic)
- Teacher Perceptions of Race (Brookings)
- Racism in the Kindergarten Classroom (PS Mag)
- Restorative Practices Require Power Be Redistributed to Black and Brown Children (Juvenile Justice Information Exchange)
- The Future of Healing: Shifting From Trauma Informed Care to Healing Centered Engagement (Shawn Ginwright)
- Restorative Justice 101 & Reflection Handout
- Illinois Criminal Justice Authority Guide for Schools
- Schott Foundation
- San Francisco School District
- RJOY, Oakland
- California Toolkit
- Collection of Articles from The American Educator
- Emdin, Christopher. For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood… and the Rest of Y’all Too: Reality Pedagogy and Urban Education. 2016
- Amstutz, Lorraine Stutzman and Judy H. Mullet. The Little Book of Restorative Discipline for Schools. Intercourse, PA: Good Books, 2005.
- Costello, Bob et al. Restorative Circles in Schools: Building Community and Enhancing Learning. Bethlehem, PA: International Institute for Restorative Practices, 2010.
- Pranis, Kay. The Little Book of Circle Processes. Intercourse, PA: Good Books, 2005.
- Pranis, Kay and Boyes-Watson, Carolyn. Circle Forward: Building a Restorative School Community. St. Paul, MN: Living Justice Press, 2014.
- Riestenberg, Nancy. Circle in the Square: Building Community and Repairing Harm in School. St. Paul, Minnesota: Living Justice Press, 2012.
- Zehr, Howard. The Little Book of Circle Restorative Justice. Intercourse, PA: Good Books, 2002.
- Braithwaite, John. Crime, shame and reintegration. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1989.
- Johnstone, Gerry. A Restorative Justice Reader. Cullompton, Devon: Willan Publishing, 2003.
- Zehr, Howard and Barbara Toews. Critical Issues in Restorative Justice. Monsey, NY: Criminal Justice Press, 2004
- Bartley, Susan Anglada. A Different Vision: A Revolution Against Racism in U.S. Schools
Video Links [download]