- White Supremacy Culture (Tema Okun and many other contributors)
- Microaggressions and “Evidence”: Empirical or Experiential Reality? (Derald Wing Sue)
- Racial Microagressions table (from Derald Wing Sue et al.)
- Nested Model (adapted from Maire Dugan)
- The Protractor of Racial Justice (adapted from Katrina Shields’ Social Barometer)
- Mapping the Margins: Intersectionality, Identity Politics, and Violence Against Women of Color (Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw)
- Demarginalizing the Intersection of Race and Sex: A Black Feminist Critique of Antidiscrimination Doctrine, Feminist Theory and Antiracist Politics (Crenshaw)
- Tone Policing
- Timeline of Oregon history (Elaine Rector)
- Why aren’t there more Black people in Oregon? (video by Walidah Imarisha)
- Why racism isn’t just a Southern problem (Franchesca Ramsey)
- Tea with Queen and J.
- Intersectionality Matters!
- Seeing White, an audio documentary series by Scene on Radio
Restorative Justice Resources:
Race and Discipline Disparities
- You Can’t Fix What You Don’t Look At: Acknowledging Race in Addressing Racial Discipline Disparities (Prudence Carter et al.)
- Are Black Kids Worse? Myths and Facts about Racial Differences in Behavior (Equity Project at Indiana University)
- How School Suspensions Push Black Students Behind (Atlantic)
- Teacher Perceptions of Race (Brookings)
- Racism in the Kindergarten Classroom (PS Mag)
- Restorative Practices Require Power Be Redistributed to Black and Brown Children (Juvenile Justice Information Exchange)
- The Future of Healing: Shifting From Trauma Informed Care to Healing Centered Engagement (Shawn Ginwright)
- Restorative Justice 101 & Reflection Handout
- Illinois Criminal Justice Authority Guide for Schools
- Schott Foundation
- San Francisco School District
- RJOY, Oakland
- California Toolkit
- Collection of Articles from The American Educator
- Emdin, Christopher. For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood… and the Rest of Y’all Too: Reality Pedagogy and Urban Education. 2016
- Amstutz, Lorraine Stutzman and Judy H. Mullet. The Little Book of Restorative Discipline for Schools. Intercourse, PA: Good Books, 2005.
- Costello, Bob et al. Restorative Circles in Schools: Building Community and Enhancing Learning. Bethlehem, PA: International Institute for Restorative Practices, 2010.
- Pranis, Kay. The Little Book of Circle Processes. Intercourse, PA: Good Books, 2005.
- Pranis, Kay and Boyes-Watson, Carolyn. Circle Forward: Building a Restorative School Community. St. Paul, MN: Living Justice Press, 2014.
- Riestenberg, Nancy. Circle in the Square: Building Community and Repairing Harm in School. St. Paul, Minnesota: Living Justice Press, 2012.
- Zehr, Howard. The Little Book of Circle Restorative Justice. Intercourse, PA: Good Books, 2002.
- Braithwaite, John. Crime, shame and reintegration. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1989.
- Johnstone, Gerry. A Restorative Justice Reader. Cullompton, Devon: Willan Publishing, 2003.
- Zehr, Howard and Barbara Toews. Critical Issues in Restorative Justice. Monsey, NY: Criminal Justice Press, 2004
- Bartley, Susan Anglada. A Different Vision: A Revolution Against Racism in U.S. Schools
Video Links [download]